Wednesday 22 January 2014

Weekly Blog Assignment #7


Personal Inspiration

Recently I spent time putting together new furniture for my room and I was the only one in my family who really seemed to get the instructions and the feel of how everything fit together. I know it doesn’t really sound like an inspirational thing but something about the diagrams and shapes just helped me relax and focus. I’m a person who values structure and organization, thanks to a mild form of OCD, and when I can line things up and sort them in a coherent manner it puts me at ease. In this sense putting the furniture together was something that I enjoyed doing and felt comfortable with and because of this I’ve decided I’m going to experiment with drawing diagrams and using geometric shapes more. I usually use very loose, natural kind of shapes and I think maybe this would make a good change for me and perhaps work as a way of helping myself focus. I like diagrams because they are linear and coherent which I think is something some of my art could use more of as I am much more prone to symbolism and/or indirect meaning and/or no meaning.

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand that feeling. IKEA furniture is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete