Sunday 13 October 2013

Weekly Blog Assignment #4


http://princess-phoenix.deviantart.com/art/Gimp-Animation-Mini-Tutorial-130151649




I chose this tutorial because I am a complete amateur at animation. Aside from fooling around once or twice on an animation app my friend has, I have never animated before. While animating isn't my greatest interest I think it would still be something handy to know how to do at least a little bit.

The program in the tutorial is GIMP, where Photoshop is the main thing employers in digital technology fields are looking for GIMP is a completely free program available for online download and it is compatible with both Mac and PC computers. GIMP is similar to Photoshop in its elements and tools, making it a great way to learn the tools and skills even if Photoshop is unavailable to you.

This particular tutorial appealed to me because it had a lot more images than most of the tutorials I came across. I find that extremely helpful as I'm self-taught with computer and don't know a lot of the technical lingo, the images make it easier to understand what is being discussed.

After reading this tutorial I still don't completely grasp the idea but I think that if I were to get a chance to practice with it then the idea would be a lot better explained than if I were to just try and work it out for myself.

Tips and Tricks

No comments:

Post a Comment