Thursday 22 January 2015

Infographic



I chose to explore two possible career paths through two schools for my career infographic.

I intend to pursue a career in criminal justice and so I chose to look at the police foundations program at Seneca and the criminal justice program at Humber. 

My infographic starts with Lakeshore Collegiate and I used the same colour for the “square-arch” Lakeshore logo as the fill for the words through the rest of the infographic to show how things I got from high school can stay with me throughout the rest of my career. 

I chose to look at Humber and Seneca as my two school paths because they are my first choice programs. (Please note: The only image I didn’t do myself was the Seneca logo because it’s just a font in red) I included requirements to enter both programs in the boxes next adjacent to them.  Under the Humber section there are two points that are additional requirements for graduating the program that should be acquired during the duration of the course.

After graduation I chose to look at two major paths I could take my career. One route is to go into private investigation or security and the other is to go into public law enforcement, either through the O.P.P or the R.C.M.P as a base-level officer. I also extended my infographic to show   possible specific paths within the public-criminal-justice stream 
I looked at the K-9 unit and the Homicide division requirements as both fields interest as a possible future position.


I made the background a gradient of blue to white (top to bottom) because law enforcement is often represented by the colour blue (the white just helps add to the ease of reading and the complexity of the background, it’s more interesting than straight blue) and police uniforms in basically every country are blue. I tried to incorporate as much blue as possible for this reason, made easier by the fact that Lakeshore Collegiate’s colour is blue (orange is stupid and I don’t accept it).

No comments:

Post a Comment